Monday, January 10, 2011

My Little Chef






Eli LOVES to help me bake. Eli LOVES to eat and I think this is why the passion for cooking =) Everyday that we are home all morning, he is sure we should be baking something! I asked him if he was going to be a chef when he grew up. He cried and said, "No, I just want to be Eli!" Regardless, he is going to be a great help to someone in the kitchen one day! These pictures are a weekend morning when he woke up and wanted to make cake. He got all of his supplies out and spread on the table and called his daddy in to come see. He reads the box to me and tells me what we should do next. All I do is pour the things in the measuring cups and put it in the oven. The rest is ALL ELI! I am a bit worried about how much baking we are going to have to do this summer when we are home everyday!!
One of his funny recipes was "stars." The directions were to add 3 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar, and a slice of bacon. You baked it for 13 minutes and it made stars!
This summer he came up with a recipe for "boomba"...it included water, sugar, and a little bit of BENADRYL!!
Love, love, love cooking with my boy!

3 comments:

  1. I love to bake with my kids too! So cute;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My babysitter asked if I could send a supply of Boomba every day =) Amanda I am worried about him this summer wanting to bake DAILY!

    ReplyDelete